Friday, April 3, 2009

JPA Interview

I woke up at around 5.45am by far the earliest in a decade..... Strangely enough I didn't feel tired instead I felt so awake... Quick! Go go go go, there is an interview for you to attend... I was rehearsing the introduction of it in my mind again and again.

After that I got dressed up in the formal way. Wow, I had never wore such a formal outfit before, looking so smart. Haha. By 6.30 am, we started off our journey to Putrajaya.

On the way there, everything seems so calm and relax, and I was repeating the same sentences over and over again in my mind..... Then came the nightmare. We were looking at one of the most confusing sign board on Malaysia. Suddenly we realised we had overshot a turning. Where is that darn turning? I was looking so attentively at those stupid sign boards but still, I couldn't see that Precint 5....

Panicking, my dad quickly find a turning back to Putrajaya, luckily we managed to find it. Wow, the whole thing was so scary, reversing against the traffic just to get into the turning. Omg, not now...... Since my mind was in disaray my stomach started cramping... Damn it why does it have to attack me at a moment like this......

The good thing was, we were already there! Hooray!!!! As we arrived there, I saw plenty of smart looking guys and gals, stroding towards the lift. Okay, at least I got there still in one piece. After that, we just follow the pack and go into the check in area. I found my name at the last panel, panel 15 number 11. I was initially surprised, because from what I heard, my other friends number wasn't that back....

I did try to see if anyone I know is there, but sadly none of them were there. I must say, some people were kind of odd.... Instead of wearing formal wear, they were so messy.... Strange but true.... But I ignore them of course.....

So, off I went into the panels. Mine was the last, so I went on confidently to the last panel. Hmm, when I reached there, I was kind of dumbfounded, I didn't see any chinese guys like me. So, where should I sit? Dah, why bother to sit with them? In the end, I decided to sit on my own.... The solitary guy.... The lone crusader haha....

As I wasn't in the first group, I still had ample time preparing for my interview. Got to go to the washroom again.... Then the secretary lined 5 of us up and get us all prepared. Okay, now I know who would be my fellow err, 'enemies'.

Rather than fighting against them, I tried befriending them all. Well, let me introduce them all. The first was a Chinese girl who is applying for law, the second was also a Chinese girl who was applying for Chemistry, the third was a Malay boy who was applying for engineering, the four one was me who was applying for actuarial science,and the last one was a Chinese girl who was applying for biotechnology.

After waiting for around an hour, finally it is our turn...there were 3 panels, 1 Indian and 1 Malay guy and another Malay lady.

I told myself don't panic, don't!!! But in the end I still panicked.... Haiz.... At first they started with the introduction in Malay. We were told to talk about our family course applied and the country we chose and why. So, the interview started..... As we introduced ourselves, the panel did shoot us with some question. I managed to answer them pretty convincingly as I had done my research. But the others wasn't that lucky. Apart from that law girl, the others were totally clueless about their courses. The malay boy was the worst. He chose mechatronics because his friends choose it and he gave out wrong facts......

Then we proceeded into the group discussion. The question they come out with was ' Girls are getting better than boys in school' do you agree? Obviously, we all had our own opinions.... We were given 3 minutes to discuss the topic among ourselves and guess what? I received the strongest resistance from that law girl..... Well, she had to do good in this if she wants to be a lawyer I guess....

After that, we all found out we screwed it up. The panel said, why can't both of them be on par? All your minds have to be open of you want to go overseas.... Shit!!!! We all knew we fell for the bait.... Then he asked us to name 1 leader of the opposite gender. The first name that popped into my mind was Pharoah Hatshepsut.... Then he said I should go first, so I just blapped it all out. After that, the Malay guy followed me again and named Cleopetra and he messed it up again... he know nothing about her! The girls followed suit.

Then came the last session, they asked us if you were given the same course locally would you take the scholarship? Everyone in the room said yes, I was the only one that said, I would consider it. Brave huh? I just want to send the message that I really want the overseas one. Well, that is all. But I think my chances are slim as they mentioned that my course was not critical and this year they are a lot of actuarial science applicants.

Hope that this help whoever that is yet to get the interview.......

2 comments:

  1. dun worry so much. and i'm glad u told them the truth. u r not alone, i acted brave too when they asked me which country i wan to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, at least I got company in doing so. Now can only hope and pray... Good luck to everyone that is taking the scholarship!

    ReplyDelete